Additionally, many of our events are open to the public! If you think you'd like to join us, but you're not sure, feel free to join us at any of these events to get a better feel for the guild.
If you're just joining us, welcome aboard! Here's some suggestions on where to start.
- Guild Rules - We ask new members to give a read through of these. They're not extensive, and they're the best starting point for ROboats looking to get their feet wet or some such.
- The Guild Guide contains all the information you need about how to get involved in the community. No one expects you to read all of it, but this is your best resource for most questions about the guild and getting involved, so it's useful to have seen it.
- Make an introductory post on the forums! Introducing yourself gives our guild members a chance to get to know you better and will get you guild bank permissions right away. Once you're on the forums, the Guild Hall section contains everything relevant to running the guild and events, while the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forums is full of good stuff about the the game in general.
Getting involved in our community:
- We hold guild missions and other fun events on a weekly basis, this is generally where you'll meet the largest concentration of ROboats at any one time. This calendar adapts to your time zone set on your account for your event finding needs. (To set your time zone go to the black bar at the top, click on your username, go to Account Settings, then under "My Account," click "Shivtr Account" and change your time zone there). Most of our events are open to the public.
- Many of our members regularly use Mumble to communicate. Here's a post on how to set it up if you've never used it before. No microphone necessary.
- Help Wanted! contains a listing of possible opportunities for involvement, if you want to create media for the podcast or be more involved in the community in general.
- This thread has some of the things we've been up to lately, as a guild, if you're curious.